Sunday, September 27, 2009

HDR

I have always been interested in HDR images, but never had the software to do it. I tried Qtpfsgui, which is an open-source (free) application. They have several presets and I played with them all, but never found quite the effect I wanted. I started looking again and found out about Photomatix. I downloaded the trial version and played with it a bit, and before long I had the effect I wanted. I have to give a big thanks to Matt Nicolosi for his blog and all his info on how to create an HDR image.





This is a picture I took at Murray State University and ran it through Qtpfsgui.























The same picture, ran through the same software.
























This image is a sample image from the Photomatix site. This is the normal exposure image.












This is the same image ran through the Photomatix software, as an HDR image. Not too bad for my first run.

No comments:

Post a Comment