Tuesday, September 29, 2009

CyberSync

Yesterday I went and talked with the very nice people at Paul C. Buff about the CyberSync radio triggers and the CyberCommander. For those of you who have questions about the whole CyberCommander thing, what it does, and how it works, do I have answers for you!



The CyberCommander can either be mounted in your hot shoe to act as a trigger, or you can hand hold the thing (highly recommended) and buy a trigger from them. The CyberCommander can control all the lights they have made, as long as they have the plus receivers, which are about $20 more than the non-plus receivers. The difference is the phone cord in the plus receivers. The CyberCommander also has a built-in flash meter for totally accurate readings. It will fire a speedlite, but it cannot adjust the power. It will show up and you can name it, but that's about it.

The standard transmitter is a small device, probably 2" tall (including the antenna) and runs for a year on a single lithium coin battery. Totally sweet triggers from Mr. Buff. I will update you when I get a set of my own and let you know how I like them.


Update:
I decided to go with the Radio Popper JrX system. They have a greater range (1600') and they still work with Alien Bees (provided you buy the studio receivers). These use a fairly common 123 battery. I bought lithium rechargeable batteries. They say they are supposed to run for 50 hours on a single battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment