Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bad Day For Me

I went on a 5 mile hike in Cedars of Lebanon State Park and wound up making it closer to a 7 mile hike. I don't know about the weather where you are, but here, it has been raining all week. I knew it would be wet, so I prepared. I got my stowaway rain jacket to keep me dry, baggies to keep my camera dry if it started raining again, and my tripod (you never know when you might need it, and 5 miles is a long way back). Oh, one last thing I hadn't eaten lunch so I grabbed 2 Clif bars and 16 ounces of water. I drink 32 ounces a day normally, and it was 82 degrees today.  Don't know what I was thinking...



Well..... I took about 70 pictures that looked good to me then. I stopped taking pictures about 2 miles in because I kept running into spiderwebs. My tripod came in handy for me to pull out a leg and use it to get the webs out before my face did. I wound up getting dehydrated (or at least I think that's what it was, it's my first time but my mind just went crazy on me, and I became psycho). I got home, ate a hamburger, half a bag of Doritos and drank a bunch of water. I am mostly myself again, finally.

It was by far the worst hike I have ever gone on. I was ready for it to be over. I learned something though... we have cactus in Tennessee. I know you're gonna think I'm crazy, so I took a picture:

See- I told ya so! It shocked the crap out of me when I saw this. I thought these only grew out west. I mean, I saw these things in Texas. I also kicked a Prickly Pear, but that's another story.

Anyway, I have another picture I would like to share, if you will let me, wait a minute, I run this blog. I'm gonna post it up, and if you don't want to see it then don't scroll down any lower.



Okay, so I don't know the story with this shirt. I was about 3 miles into the woods here, and I didn't see a naked man. If the owner of this shirt is reading this- I didn't want to contaminate the scene. Not sure what happened here, but post up a comment and let me know because I have to say, this is a first for me.

As you can see, I only had 2 pictures to share, and neither of them are the "Wow dude, that's awesome!" variety. I think the lack of water was clouding my photographic judgement of what was good. It couldn't be that I just couldn't get the shot the way I wanted it... has to be the dehydration... it's the devil!

No comments:

Post a Comment