Friday, January 8, 2010

Blue Ice


























A co-worker had left his water bottle in is car for a couple days, and it froze (because it's winter, and that means it's cold outside, duh!). Well, what makes this water bottle different, is the ice froze with a pocket in it, AND it's in an Icelandic Glacial bottle (glacier ice!), AND I photographed it.




There were a couple of us photographers, and one decided we needed a gel, and I thought this would be a good time to experiment with the Rosco Strobist gel pack I had. We hit it with every color of gel I had, and this, I believe was the Cerulean Blue. It gave it a nice cold look, I thought. One of them even mentioned I could use it for a marketing shot.

Oh, by the way, it's suspended by fishing line, which I Photochopped out all but what's in front of the lid. Look close and you will see it.

Photo Details:
1/200 (to kill the ambient)
f/5
flash at 1/16 power or something like that, and using a Quik Bounce

No comments:

Post a Comment